What are the benefits to your business?
Apprenticeships and your business
There are plenty of business benefits of apprenticeships! They’re a great way to provide sustainable training to your workforce and are a cost effective way to up-skill your existing staff. You can also use them to grow your workforce by recruiting enthusiastic new employees into your business.
- Apprenticeships can help you plan for the future and fill skills shortages in your industry. Research has shown that 25% of former apprentices are promoted within 12 months of finishing their qualification*
- High quality, sector specific-training relevant to your business
- Your staff can progress on to further qualifications at higher levels helping to promote growth in your business
- Your team will gain nationally recognised qualifications to improve their knowledge in your sector
- Apprenticeships boost productivity to your business by an average of £214 per week*
- Provide CPD to existing staff – there’s no upper age limit to an apprenticeship
- Apprenticeships can help increase motivation and staff retention
- Flexible delivery to suit your business
Here at GeoTraining Ltd we understand the importance of high quality training to you and your business, and will support you at all stages of your training journey, providing an employer focused service. We also offer a free, fully managed apprenticeship service to help you recruit your next generation of staff.
89% of employers reported an apprentice helped improve their product or service
Health & Social Care
percentage% demand of Apprentices in various sectors
Below is a list of Apprenticeship Frameworks available with GeoTraining and associated costs of these.
|Qualification Standards||Level||Banding Cost (£)||Co-investment contribution (10%)*(£)
|Customer Services||3|| 2,000.00
|Adult Care Worker (Standard)||2||3,000.00 (maximum cap, individual price to be agreed
|Lead Adult Care Worker (Standard)||3||3,000.00 (maximum cap, individual price to be agreed
|Hospitality – Food Services||2||2,000.00||200|
|Leadership & Management in Care Services – Adults
|Children and Young People’s Workforce||2||2,000.00||200|
|Residential Childcare / Early Years Educator||3||2,500.00||250|
If you have any questions relating to your training needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Business Team on 07740366099 or 01902810041
How Does It Work
- An apprenticeship is a nationally recognised qualification for those aged 16+
- Apprenticeships are available to existing and new members of your workforce
- Your apprentice will learn new skills and develop their experience through:
- Guided learning set by their assessor/trainer, including reading, doing internet research, and preparing for tests
- Training on the job, including coaching from colleagues and in-house training/workshop
- Each course takes a minimum of 12 months to complete depending on the level
- We will support you and your staff through all stages of the training to ensure the highest standards are achieved
- To undertake an apprenticeship, your staff member must have a contract of employment
- They should ideally be working 30 hours per week or more. They must work a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Your staff will be assessed through a number of approaches, including:
- Observation in the workplace
- Professional discussions
- Answering questions
- Writing reflective accounts of their experiences at work
- Collecting evidence from the workplace
- Obtaining witness testimonies from managers and colleagues.
Apprentices will receive training and assessment towards the following:
- Certificate or diploma – assessing their ability to do the job
- Technical Certificate – developing their skills, understanding their role and the sector they work in
- Functional Skills – English, maths, and ICT (where applicable)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills – including problem solving, team work, creative thinking
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities – understanding your company’s contract of employment, health and safety and your organisation’s ways of working.
The New Apprenticeship Levy.
Is your business ready?
The Apprenticeship levy has been introduced as key way to increase the uptake and quality of Apprenticeship training for young people and adults.
Larger employer with an annual payroll of more than £23 million will contribute to the levy. It is set at 0.5% of the wage bill and collected monthly via PAYE.
We offer companies the opportunity to access level 3 Advanced and Level 5 Higher Apprenticeships in Management, as well as level 2, 3 and 4 Business Administration and level 2 & 3 Customer services.
Our National Accredited Qualification are delivered flexibly in a way to meet your company needs with content tailored to providing the skills your staff need to drive the business forward.
All of the costs our Apprenticeships can be funded from levy contributions and we offer a package of support to make sure you get the maximum return for your investment.
And for those businesses who are not paying the levy we can access funding that covers 90% of the cost of training an Apprentice.
The Levy – How it Works.
- Employers with a pay bill in excess of £3 million will pay the levy
- The levy will be at a rate of 0.5% of the total annual pay bill and collected through your monthly PAYE return.
- You register for and access your funds through the new Digital Apprenticeship Service
- Funds will appear in the account each month and the Government will provide a 10% top up.
- Levy funding can only be spent with approved, quality assured training providers – like GeoTraining.
- We work with you to design a programme that meets your needs and agree the total costs to be covered by your Levy.
- Once you spend all your Levey, you can receive additional funding up to 90% of the cost of the additional Apprenticeships (see below).
Non – Levy Payers and Smaller Companies
Those employers who do not pay the Levy can receive 90% of the cost of the apprenticeship
(100%, if your Apprentice is aged 16-18) from the government.
Supporting Apprentices to Help You Maximise Your Return
We provide a range of resources to help you and your staff make the most of Apprenticeships and see real value from your investment.
Hire An Apprentice
Our Apprenticeship Recruitment
Our free fully managed Apprenticeship Recruitment Service is a value added service available to all of our employers, existing and new throughout England.