Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) (2 Day Course)
Youth MHFA is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11 – 18.
The training provides information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing and to enable participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
- ~ Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- ~ Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- ~ Provide help on a first aid basis
- ~ Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- ~ Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- ~ Help a young person recover faster
- ~ Guide a young person towards the right support
- ~ Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- ~ Promoting emotional, mental, social and psychological well-being
- ~ Eating Disorders
- ~ Self Harm
- ~ Diversity and equality issues
- ~ Substance/Alcohol misuse
- ~ Suicide
- ~ Child, adolescent and family psychosocial development
- ~ Depression/Anxiety/Psychosis
- ~ Bullying/Cyber bullying
- ~ Promoting protective factors and good parenting
Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health (2 Day Course)
The benefits of this course include:
- ~ Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- ~ Increased understanding of children’s mental health
- ~ Courses online, such as this one, allow you to learn from your own home, in your own time
- ~ Access to award-winning learning and assessment materials
- ~ Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
- ~ Funding available – speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible.
The price for this course is £399.00
Unit 1: Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
In this unit, you will learn about the concept of mental health and how society’s view of mental health has changed over time. You will also learn about the legislation in place to support children and young people’s mental health.
Unit 2: Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
This unit will cover the risk factors that can affect children and young people’s mental health and how these can be mitigated. You will also look at how developmental changes and puberty can impact children and young people.
Unit 3: Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
This unit will look at the behaviours displayed by children and young people that may indicate a mental health concern. You will look in more detail at common mental health conditions that affect children and young people.
Unit 4: Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
In this unit, you will investigate the impact of mental health concerns on children, young people and others. You will look at the importance of diagnosis and the reasons why there may be a reluctance to seek a diagnosis.
Unit 5: Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
In this fifth and final unit, you will explore person-centred approaches to supporting children and young people with mental health concerns, how to promote mental well-being in children and young people, and the services and treatment involved with children and young people’s mental health.
Start Your Course
Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
Here at GeoTraining we are pleased to offer a fantastic range of courses and training, meaning there’s something for everyone!