It is our duty to inform our Learners and Employers about the recent changes on data protection and our compliance. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) is a new European framework for data protection laws. It gives you greater protection and rights and will give you more control over how your data is used.
By using our website, social media, calling our enquiry telephone line, our dedicated enquiry/concern email addresses and other GeoTraining service, you are acknowledging that we are processing your personal information and, where necessary consenting to such practices as outlined in this statement.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Apply for an Apprenticeship Course
- Enquire about our training courses
- Hire an Apprentice
- Register your employees on a training course
- Make Telephone enquiry
The personal information collected in the above manner may include the following about you (and others if their personal information is provided by you)
- Full Name
- Postal Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth (For learners)
- Disability and Health Information
- Ethnic Origin (For learners)
- National Insurance Number
- Education and Training
- Employment Details
All data we collect/hold about you will be used for the specific purpose for which it is obtained.
Processing will be done for the performance of Employer Agreement and Learner Commitment.
Personal information will not be stored longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was obtain.
How We Use Your Information
We will collect personal information with your consent and in other to fulfill our obligation as a training provider.
Learner – gives their personal information in order to register unto an Apprenticeship course. We use this information for the purpose of providing training to our learners.
Employer – personal information is collected to fulfill the employer agreement with the training provider and the awarding body.
Right of Access
You can request details to the information we hold about you, why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30days.
The Right to Correct and Update the Information We Hold About You
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
Right of Erasure
Under Article 17 of the GDPR individuals have the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
When does the right to erasure apply?
Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which you originally collected or processed it for;
- you are relying on consent as your lawful basis for holding the data, and the individual withdraws their consent;
- you are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- you are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing;
- you have processed the personal data unlawfully (ie in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the 1st principle);
- you have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- you have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
Sharing your information
The information and data we collect is important for GeoTraining and we understand that you care about the use and storage of your personal information we value your trust in allowing us to do this. Therefore, we use your information solely for the purpose we obtained it. Only the parties below have access to your personal information.
- Your Employer
- Your Training provider (GeoTraining)
- The awarding body (BCTG) – the Education and skills funding agency that provides funding for the Apprenticeship courses.
- I Can Qualify (ICQ) – the awarding organisation that provides the learner ePortfolio system (iLearner) and award qualification at the end of the course.
Our approach to information security
To protect your information, GeoTraining has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security measures in place. To achieve this, employees have contracts with defined roles and responsibilities.
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website.
If you have any queries about this policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact us.
Wolverhampton WV1 4EG
Telephone: 01902 810041